Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Clinicians thoughts on FreeForm

Grr! I just had a long informational post written about my recent dressage clinic ride and what the clinician thought of the FreeForm. And then the power went out in the building. Grr.Anyhow, I rode last weekend in a 3-day clinic with Eric Horgan, a USEA instructor and member of the Irish Olympic 3-Day Eventing team. Aside from being an eventer, he also studied classical dressage in Germany and has a wonderful eye for correct dressage. We rode in semi-private lessons last Fri, Sat & Sun. More info on Eric: http://www.erichorgan.com/For the sake of saving some time, I'll be very brief.He thought the saddle was a good thing for the horse. However, on Friday & Saturday's lessons, he commented that he thought it was tipping me a bit forward and causing me to loose my balance. Before the lesson on Sunday, I adjusted the stirrup placement about 1/2 an inch forward of where it had been. On Sunday's ride, I didn't tell him that I had adjusted the stirrups, but he commented on his own that we were in much better balance. It was evident in my horse too, who finally was able to come over her back and really carry herself. It was very cool.Essentially, with the re-adjusted stirrup placement, the Freeform got the thumbs up. :)Amy

No comments: