Tuesday, April 25, 2006

FreeForm Comments

I've had a FreeForm Classic for about 6 weeks. Due to weather, changing girths, and being out of town for awhile I've only donelonger rides the last few weeks. The saddle is as good as I hoped itwould be.My difficult to fit Morab has a much better attitude. He is movingout well, and going down steep hills in a calm balanced way for thefirst time. It's finally warm here (KY) so Mark has been sweating alot...the sweat patterns are perfectly symetical with a nice dry spinearea.For the first time in years my knees don't ache (as much) and no backproblems. This might be partly due to the nice wide easy ride stirrups. It is really great to be able to adjust the stirrup position. Also thesaddle is very stable laterally..I'm short and can mount with noproblem. I do use a breastplate and crupper. I just got a new Morganand will probably start riding him later in the summer...I'll beinterested to see how the saddle does on him as he is built verydifferently. I think the FreeForm is a really well designed saddle with qualitymaterials and workmanship. I haven't ridden in any other treelesssaddles to compare it to, but if you are looking for a treeless with atraditional look and feel, it is definitely worth trying out. I've learned a great deal from this forum...thanks everyone!! Annie

No comments: