Wednesday, April 26, 2006

HAF vs. Equipedic

Well I finally got a chance to try out the HAF pad. Only for an 8 mile walking some trotting training ride. My family was in town so figured it was as good a chance as any. Given that Tally has extremely high withers, I inserted the wedge pads they sent with the original (taking out the thin ones and replacing with the thicker wedges). The pattern on his back afterward was good (but that may be more the FreeForm saddle). What I was impressed with was how well Tally carried himself. I'm not sure if it was the dressage lessons I've been taking or the pad but I was impressed. Interesting also was the absence of sweat marks given that he has quite a bit of hair (more like fur) covering him. It was mostly up and down steep hills (I wanted to show the family the bay area 'view')! How's it going with yours?Thanks, Sandy

No comments: