Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Customer emails

I have put in several rides with my Freeform. Both Chris and Candacewere very helpful. I will put a lot more miles in before I say awhole lot, but like the saddle quite a bit so far. It is my firsttreeless, and I lurked around on this site and ridecamp for about 6months. I also asked a lot of questions, but you can really only findout so much without actually trying. I am an older, experienced riderand have ridden many different horse/saddle combos over the years. Itrail ride now with some LD's, and the hope of doing some distancerides on my current 6 yo Morab. I tried 5 different treed saddles onhim before the Freeform...old Passier dressage, Crosby eventing,Wintec 2000, Bighorn endurance, off brand close contact. * Mark seems to like the saddle ok. He is much more comfortable goingdown big hills(with crupper) and cantering. I think he is just gettingused to the idea that he isn't getting pinched anymore. He is thekind of horse that anticipates stuff if it has EVER happened to himbefore.*The saddle is pretty comfortable for me. I like the webber typeleathers ALOT. The saddle I tried had the conway buckles that dug intomy shin and were hard to adjust. I can ALMOST mount from the groundwithout letting a stirrup down a couple of notches. I'm 5'2" and inpretty good shape, but not as spry as I used to be. I can't rely on amounting block as I am out on the trail all the time. The leatherscan easily be adjusted from the saddle. I could also easily tightenthe girth from the saddle. YES!* Sweat patterns were excellent..no dry spots in bad places. I may doa little more shimming and tie the pad to the saddle (today'sadjustments). * I will probably be switching to a hackamore or some other form ofbitless as there are issues with bits as well. This horse is Mr.Sensative. I'd appreciate any advice on that although i know it is offtopic for this group. **the quality of the saddle is excellent. Very nice leather andworkmanship. Adjustability of stirrups is great. First saddle I'veever ridden in where I could get my legs where I wanted them! This isactually why I wanted the Freeform. I have seen Ansur saddles and Ithink the quality of Freeform is as good or better. Know this is toolong....sorry.

No comments: